Thursday, March 31, 2011

Living the Dream


I am fond of traveling and going to different places. I am an adventure seeker that likes to be outdoors more than being a home insider. Cooking, knitting or any other womanish thingie are not my cup of tea (though I can also do that if I like and if need be). When I was a child, I dreamt of going somewhere but didn’t exactly know where. All I know was that someday, just like the others, I will also experience to fly out of the country. At a very tender age,a premonition of leaving my country and trying my luck somewhere else hit me. And so...... This is my story!

It was year 2010 when the opportunity to go to Thailand came to reality. I can’t believe when I arrived at the airport. In fact, I got teary eyed and told myself “This is it”. Teaching English and staying there for quite some time was a wonderful experience. I gained a lot of friends and I enjoyed my stay as if it was my second home. I thought that working and staying in the “Land of smiles” made my wish came true… Until one day, I got a message from my mom telling me to come home because I’ve got some papers to process. To make the story short, I went home and did exactly what I was told.

It took me forever to realize that I will be able to have another wonderful opportunity. In less than a year of staying in Thailand, I had crossed the country and pursue my dreams in Europe. Yes, in Europe!!! 


The Vatican
Saint Peter Church


 
Now, it’s no longer a premonition nor a dream but a reality! I can’t explain the feeling ‘till now especially when the plane landed at the Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport in Rome and the cold breeze of the air touched my skin. It was like fulfillment! I can attest that a dream is no longer a dream once achieved and a wish is no longer a wish once experienced (Unless you dream and wish again, lol). It may sound absurd, corny, dramatic, or whatever you wanna call it, but who cares? It’s a dream come true for me anyway.

Livin' la vida loca


1 comments:

elbert m. abacial said...

be strong po u can reach ur dream for sure and always pray luv u friend god blesss.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...